Friday, September 28, 2012

Final Day - Yosemite

We spent our final day in Groveland playing golf!   Even though it was a rough start in Yosemite I will definitely return to see the falls and do some hiking.  I will even brave the crowds!  I do believe Yosemite has become my favorite!

From Groveland we headed to Fresno and checked out Kings Canyon National Park.  We saw General Grant tree and then headed out the Kings Canyon Scenic Highway.   We opted to drive the Kings Canyon Scenic Highway instead of seeing the General Sherman tree.  We were only there for 1 day and needed to do one or the other.

General Grant

View of Kings Canyon

Another view of canyon


After Fresno we headed towards the Grand Canyon.  We spent one night in Mohave Valley, CA and one night in Needles CA.  It was HOT!  I did not know that Needles, CA is on of the hottest places in the United States.  It was a balmy 107 when we arrived and 87 when we left at 930AM.  UGH. Charles Shultz grew up in Needles, CA.  Now I understand why the Peanut characters were always in shorts!

Lots of wind generators on way to Mohave!

No comments:

Post a Comment